Tuesday 26 January 2010

Photography against silly desires



I 've always had a thing for cars. All sorts of cars. Not just the obviously desirable ones. I guess there is an idea of a life I could live attached to each one of them however unreasonable that might be. So over the past few years I've been collecting cars. Not matchbox cars but real cars parked in London streets. I've been photographing them on my phone and somehow this way of owning them has served my purposes just fine. recently I've been taking fewer and fewer pictures of cars. I just don't see them anymore, I guess my hunger is almost satiated and so my attention is drawn by other things. Hans Arsman's theory of photography against consumerism seems to be working...
This is just a small selection of the cars I've collected. I'd like to make a simple website to house them all. We'll see when I get around to that.