Friday 15 January 2010

Scouting

Yesterday I went to look at a few shops I am thinking of photographing for my London Shops project. I made a few appointments and will go back in the next couple of weeks with my Hasselblad to photograph these places and their owners properly. Some images from the project are on my website: http://www.laurabraun.net/londohshops1.html 




Adam Whone in Acton buys, sells and repairs violins and chellos. Beautiful instruments... work of amazing delicacy.




At James Taylor and Son in Marylebone they make shoes from scratch. They take measurements, make a last and make a shoe. They also make orthopedic shoes. I am looking forward to hopefully seeing the workshop next week.


 
I had lunch at Paul Rothe and Son in Marylebone lane. Such nice old school fixed furniture and lovely crockery. Just a really good neighbourhood place that's been there for over a century.